- What is Law Scout?
- Law Scout is a technology company that makes it easy for small businesses to hire great lawyers online at upfront, fixed prices.
- How does Law Scout work?
- Identify Your Legal Needs
Use our intuitive platform to answer a few questions to identify your legal matter. After selecting your legal project, create a Law Scout account and pay a deposit for your serivces, which won't be released to your lawyer until your project is complete. Next, answer some questions about your business and legal matter through our automated intake procedure. This ultimately saves you and your lawyer time and money.
- Get connected to a Lawyer
Once your account is created, Law Scout will connect you with a pre-vetted lawyer qualified to assist you. This should take about one business day. Through your Law Scout account, you can review and accept your lawyer's engagement agreement. Once you approve the engagement agreement, your lawyer will get started on your legal project right away.
- Review and Approve Your Lawyer's Work
Your lawyer will upload their work to your Law Scout account and you will have the opportunity to review the work. If you are not satisfied, you can ask the lawyer for revisions. If it looks good to you, simply approve the project and payment will be forwarded to your lawyer. Your documents will be safely stored in your account for future reference.
- Identify Your Legal Needs
- Will Law Scout act as my lawyer?
- No, Law Scout does not act as your lawyer. Law Scout helps you identify your legal needs and connects you to a great lawyer for an upfront, fixed-fee. No solicitor-client relationship is formed between you and Law Scout.
- How can I contact Law Scout?
- Feel free to send us an email to email@example.com or contact us through our contact page. If you'd like to receive Law Scout news and small business legal tips, you can sign up to our newsletter here.
- What is a fixed fee price and why is it different than regularly hiring a lawyer?
- Typically, lawyers charge clients an hourly rate. This means that any time your lawyer works on your project, whether its communicating with you or drafting docuemnts, your lawyer charges you in 6 minute increments. Lawyers ask clients to provide an initial retainer payment, and they pay themselves by the hour from this deposit. Once the initial retainer payment runs out, a lawyer will require the client to top-up the retainer before more work is done.
While the billable hour system works for lawyers, it does not benefit small business clients, who need certainty and transparency on the cost of legal work.
Upfront, fixed-fee pricing provides tangible legal services for a specific price, so small businesses can budget in advance.
- How does Law Scout keep my information confidential?
- We know that confidentiality is important to our users, and we take industry-standard measures to keep your information safe, including the use of sophisticated data-encryption technologies. As part of our service, we also use various third-party applications and service providers. These third-parties also have security measures in place.
The safety of user information also depends on our users taking steps to protect their data, including the protection of their Law Scout passwords. We strongly encourage users to utilize a complex password and not to share that password with anyone else.
- How does Law Scout save you money?
- Law Scout is able to offer lower prices than traditional law firms because our platform saves time for both lawyers and clients. Through automation technology, including project management tools and online payment processing, Law Scout lets lawyers focus on getting legal work done, rather than administrative tasks.
- How does Law Scout save you time?
- Law Scout saves you time by connecting you to a pre-vetted lawyer for your legal needs and using technology to streamline and make the lawyer-client relationship more efficient.
Law Scout finds a lawyer for you:
While there are no shortage of lawyers, it can be a slow, complicated, and difficult process to find the right one for your needs and your budget. After selecting your legal project, Law Scout will connect you to a pre-vetted lawyer who will start working with you within one business day.
Law Scout streamlines the lawyer-client relationship:
Once Law Scout connects you to a lawyer, we help manage your relationship with the lawyer so work gets done efficiently and quickly. First, we ask you to answer a series of questions through our automated intake procedure that will help your lawyer get started without delays. Traditionally, you would be required to meet with a lawyer for a preliminary meeting before any work got started. This would require you to set up a meeting with the lawyer and get together in person. While you're always free to contact your lawyer with Law Scout, we allow work to be done online instead of scheduling unnecessary meetings.
- Why is Law Scout different?
- Law Scout is innovating the legal industry by using online tools to improve the lawyer-client relationship. Technology has not impacted the legal industry as much as other industries.
Law Scout's innovative services include:
- An intuitive way to identify the legal services you need
- Upront, fixed fee pricing
- Online billing
- Online legal project workroom
- Project Management Tools
- Paperless exchange and execution of legal documents
- Safe and secure storage of legal documents
Using Law Scout
- How do I use Law Scout?
- Simply click on the 'Get Started' button on the homepage and then choose the legal project that's right for your business. Once you've selected the legal project, you'll be provided with a project cost breakdown and be asked to sign up for an account. At this point, you are charged the fixed price of your project which is forwaded to your lawyer when the legal project has been completed to your satisfaction.Once you've setup your account, you'll be asked to provide further details to get your lawyer started. After that, you'll be able to login to your secure online workroom to check on the progress of your legal project, provide comments on drafts, and ultimately approve the legal work.After the project is complete, all your final legal documents will be stored for easy future access.
- Legal Projects Available through Law Scout
- If you cannot find a legal project on Law Scout to match your needs, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us through our contact page with details of your business's legal needs. We will respond promptly with information about whether our network of lawyers can assist you.
- Is my business information confidential and secure?
- All projects must be completed within 30 days
- All legal projects initiated on Law Scout are to be completed within 30 days from the date you are assigned a lawyer. In the event a project is not completed within 30 days from the project start date, payment shall be automatically released to your lawyer. Despite payment being released to the lawyer after 30 days from the project start date, the lawyer will continue working on the legal project until completed to your satisfaction.
- How can I trust the lawyers on Law Scout?
- It's important for us to have great lawyers on the Law Scout network. All lawyers on the Law Scout network are pre-vetted by Law Scout, and go through an application and screening process. All lawyers are in good standing with their respective Law Societies, hold necessary liability insurance, and have a minimum of 3 years' practice experience working with small business clients.
- What if I'm not happy with the work performed by my lawyer?
- When your lawyer has finished your legal project, you will be asked to review their work. If you are happy with the work, you can approve the work, at which point that legal project is complete and payment is released to your lawyer.If you are not completely satisfied with your lawyer's legal work, ask your lawyer to make further edits to meet your expectations.If you are still not satisfied with the legal work and/or your lawyer, please contact us and we'll be sure to sort everything out.
- Is Law Scout free to use?
- It is free to browse the Law Scout website and discover fixed fee legal packages for your business. Before any legal work is conducted for your business, you will be asked to create an account and charged the price of your project, which won't be released to your lawyer until you approve their work.
- When will my credit card be charged?
- When you sign up for an account, you will input your payment details through our secure payment processor. Your credit card is charged once we connect you with a lawyer.
- How does payment work?